You may have provided Capital Support Services with some personal data relating to you.
Under the European Union directive known as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) which is due to be incorporated into UK law by the Data Protection Act 2018 we, as the data controller in respect of that personal data, are required to provide you with a set of
specific information about how we will use, hold and retain this data as well as making you aware of various rights that you have under the related legislation. We have set this information out below in this note.
As part of our arrangements we will have personal information such as your name, contact details, details about goods and services provided and marketing preferences. We may also in certain circumstances have CCTV images (appropriate notifications will be given).
Should you have any queries about the way we process your personal data please contact our Data Protection Officer as follows:
Post: Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road
Capital Support Services, Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road
The identity of the Data Controller:
Capital Support Services
The contact details for the Data Controller:
Telephone on +44 (0) 207 7566 3976
Why we process your personal data:
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
• In order to meet our contractual obligations (if you do not provide information required in these circumstances we may not be able to provide the agreed services);
• In order to provide you with information about goods and services where you have previously given your consent and where the information we provide relates to similar products, services etc. You can withdraw your consent to receiving these communications at any time by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending your request by post to DPO, Capital Support Services, Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road
• In order to provide you with information about goods and services where you have given your specific consent to receive these communications. You can withdraw your consent to receiving these communications at any time by emailing your request to email@example.com or by sending your request by post to Data Protection Officer, Capital Support Services, Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road;
• In order to meet our legal obligations including; and
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Capital Support Services may also collect personal information from individuals seeking employment with Capital Support Services (including contractors and temporary staff) relating to their suitability as an employee:
• age or date of birth;
• marital status;
• national insurance details (relating to superannuation and pensions);
• banking details;
• references from previous employers;
• employment suitability information obtained from recruitment agencies or related entities acting on Capital Support Services behalf;
• information from law enforcement agencies, including whether or not the individual has a criminal record;
• educational or vocational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications.
The legal basis on which we are processing your personal data:
Our processing is based primarily on the lawful processing conditions of the necessity to fulfil our agreement with you, the need to meet our legal obligations to which we are subject and in connection with marketing information, on the basis that you have given consent. Less frequently, we may process your data on the grounds of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party).
Who we may pass your personal data to:
We may use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our contract terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Capital Support Services, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Do we pass your personal data outside of the European Union:
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
How long do we keep your personal data for:
We will retain data for no longer than is necessary, taking into account our data retention guidelines.
Your Data Protection Rights:
As a “data subject” under the DPA and GDPR you have a set of specific rights. We are required to make you aware of the existence of these rights. They are in outline:
• The right to request from us, as the Data Controller, access to your personal data;
• The right to request rectification of your personal data;
• The right to request erasure of your personal data;
• The right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
• The right to data portability
Your right to withdraw consent where processing is based on consent.
Where any part of our processing of your personal data is based on your consent you may withdraw your consent to that processing at any time.
Your right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about our compliance with the DPA with the applicable regulator for data protection.
This is the Information Commissioners Office. For more information you can visit their website at www.ico.gov.uk
Use of automated decision making or profiling
We do not carry out automated decision making or profiling.
For full details of how we deal with personal data, please see our Data Protection Policy.